Selling Your Home
The first question you might want to ask yourself is, “Why do I want to sell my home?” Do you need more space? Are you an empty nester looking for a smaller place? Have you accepted a job in a different part of the country? All of these questions affect the potential sale of your home and the negotiating process of that sale.
Assessing your home is key in beginning the home selling process. You may want to ask yourself, what would I like to see, or not see, if I were touring this home as a potential home buyer?
Problems like chipped paint, dirty walls, windows and doors, unfinished remodeling projects and cluttered garages are all areas for home selling improvement. Treat the sale of your home as you would with any day living in your residence. Neat, tidy, and organized works! I will walk you through this process on our initial meeting, even if you are weeks or months away from selling!
Determining Property Value
There are a number of factors that go into determining the value of a home.
- It is realistic to compare the homes in your area and the asking price of those homes.
- The law of supply and demand always comes into play. Do you live in an area with increasing job opportunities or an increasing supply of homes?
- Your needs greatly impact the selling price of a home. Do you need a quick sell or do you have time to sit on your sale?
There are many valuation tools online that derive their information from multiple sources. Only a qualified agent can provide a fair market analysis of the homes for sale in your area. A Comparative Market Analysis is free and without obligation. Get a home price estimate to get an idea on what your home is worth today.
How I Market Your Home
I have access to current tax assessments, tax appraisal values, maps and records for all counties within the Lehigh Valley, computer listings of all sales in your area for the past week, month and year, as well as historical data. Last, but not least, you have the unique professional knowledge and experience of your individual Realtor, whom is committed to the maximum exposure of your property by using proven sales methods, as well as the latest marketing techniques:
- Place our Keller Williams “For Sale” sign on your property. Numerous homes sell each year through this simple and effective form of advertising.
- Enter all the information concerning your house into the Multiple Listing Service, a computer based system that can provide complete information to all 3000 members of the Greater Lehigh Valley Board of Realtors.
- Provide to you, at no additional cost and created personally by me, 50 High Definition photos, a Story Movie of your home, and a Doll-House Virtual Walk-Through of your home. See My Previous Marketing Samples Here.
- Market your home online in Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Homes.com and the Keller Williams Website.
- Schedule an Open House for your home, with your approval, making it convenient for prospective buyers to inspect your property. These are usually held on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.